All hairs are different. They vary according to genetics, habits, and treatments. Even within curly hair, we find different types: broken, wavy curls, afro style…
However, having curly hair is not a negative thing. What can be a burden is when you have split ends, dryness, and uncontrollable frizz.
You don’t have to tie yourself to the iron or hair dryer all the time. If you know how to get the benefit of your curls, you can’t charm with a great hairstyle.
You can take good care of your hair and make the most of its potential. Before deciding on a hairstyle, put the following tips into practice.
Tips for curly hair
- One way to eliminate frizz is to pluck your hair every month.
- As soon as you finish the shower, with the help of a comb, detangle your hair.
- Use conditioner and styling cream.
- Let your hair dry outdoors.
- Change the towel for a cotton shirt to dry it. This will keep your curls hydrated.
- Do not forget to start brushing at the ends so that the hair is not damaged.
- Braid or section the hair before sleeping.
- If you like strong curls, you can use tubes at night and enjoy the result when you wake up.
1. Waterfall braid
To achieve this hairstyle, you have to wait for your hair to dry in the open air. It is a relaxed style that allows each lock to fall naturally.
- First, you have to take a lock of hair and divide it into two equal parts.
- It is immediately passed one part over the other.
- You can add a little fixer so that the hair does not come out from the sides.
- Start braiding a strand that gradually surrounds the entire head.
- When finished, fasten it on the other side with a small garter and let the hair fall out naturally.
- Finally, you can add a little styling cream to the rest of the hair to mark your curls.
2. Braid crown
This hairstyle is quite simple. You can use it on a casual occasion or for an important event. Also, you can do it in less than 10 minutes.
- To start, collect the top of your hair in a bun.
- Then make a 3-strand braid just below the one collected.
- It starts at the front and ends until the head is finished.
- In the end, you can use little leagues or hairpins.
If you can’t fight the enemy, join him. Don’t hold back the volume of your hair; let the curls play outside and be part of your personality.
- The first thing you have to do is detangle your hair with a comb.
- Apply conditioner and a little styling cream to the ends before bed.
- Divide your hair into sections or braid yourself before bed.
- When you get up, release your hair and adjust with the help of your fingers.
- Finally, moisten and apply a little fixative.
4. Gibson Bow
A classic and elegant style that will highlight your sophisticated side. The Gibson bow had its origins in the 20th century. Although, at first glance, it seems complicated, in reality, it is done in 5 simple steps.
- Start by separating the hair into 3 sections, two small strands on the sides.
- Next, make two fishtail braids on the side sections.
- Then tie a rubber band to the end of the middle part of the hair.
- Roll up the section and hook with the help of forks.
- To conclude, place the braids on the bun.
5. Curly hair to one side
This hairstyle has a fresh, rebellious, and daring touch. Perfect for those girls who are not afraid of looks or to test their hair.
- First, moisten the hair and apply styling cream.
- Then do a side match right where the eyebrow ends.
- Divide that match in two, and each makes a small French braid.
- Fastened with two little garters.
- Finally, add fixing agent and a sprayer to mold the hair with your hands to give it volume.
Do you have curly hair and don’t know how to style it? We hope you opt for any of these ideas. As you can see, they are easy to carry out, and you should not invest too much time.
Finally, remember to use natural bristle combs and hair detangling products. Both will help you avoid damage and aggression to the strands of your hair.